Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The Rolling Stones

I think I'm tired, now. Bob and I have made two trips to South Florida in the last week-and-a-half. It's a 4 to 4 1/2 hour trip one way. So, counting all the hours driving, and then all the hours "playing", adds up to one tired chick. Or hen.

One weekend we're in Ft. Lauderdale, and 9 days after that we're in Miami. Craigie babysat both times. The Ft. Lauderdale trip was for a "Service Quarterly"; the business end of AA. We had fun when we snuck out and toured the area.

On Monday we went to Miami to see the Rolling Stones! Now THAT was fun! The American Airlines Arena was packed with die-hard Stones fans, young and old, wearing mouth-and-tongue logo shirts. The roar of the audience was deafening, as Mick came out on stage. At 60 some-odd years old, he still has an enormous amount of energy! The band played some new songs, and some old songs, when at that point I realized just how long they've been around! I was in awe, plain and simple. Good times were had by all.

We first arrived in Miami at 4:00 pm, and needed to find a hotel room. We meandered out to South Beach and looked there for a while. Lots of Art Deco hotels and condos and sidewalk cafes and nightclubs. A little stroll to the beach that wasn't very crowded and then a walk on the streets helped us decide that we should get a hotel room near the airport. $300.00 a night for a room is a little steep for us.

I wasn't as impressed with Miami as I was with Ft Lauderdale.

I realized that evening when we were at a hotel next to the airport, that 16 years prior, almost to the day, I was having my last drink there. Nice way to celebrate! Rolling Stones! Woo-WOO! Woo-WOO! Woo-WOO! Woo-WOO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home