Thursday, October 06, 2005

Experimenting

New construction in our backyard - there's a pond at the bottom of the pic, which lies between my backyard and the backyards of those houses over there. I was trying to get a shot of the rainbow, which there are plenty of in Florida, especially during rainy season. Just in front of those dark clouds were blue skies.

I would LOVE to have an expensive digital camera and play with it and come up with some awesome photos, but I have kids to raise and gasoline to pay for and a job to drive to and fake food to buy and if I wanna buy real food I'll have to pay for more expensive gas to get to an out-of-the-way place to get it.

I think there may be a reason why we haven't sold the Virginia place. If a hurricane took Florida off the map, we could finish what we started doing before we moved here, and that is, become a little more self-sufficient - grow some food organically, finish getting off the power grid by going solar, raise chickens for their eggs and the occasional chicken dinner, and become a little more organic. We would still have to buy expensive gas to get to town, but maybe by then an alternate power supply will be available to move vehicles faster than a horse can pull a buggy.

And of course, this is all just a dream, because I have to WORK.

I like Florida, though. Now. I didn't used to because of the way I was living, but you can't beat the palm trees and the white sands and the turquoise water.

The kids like having neighbors to play with, too. They were pretty lonely in them thar heels.

Hey - doesn't the back of Carolyn (on the left) look like the back of Coral when she was a kid? I noticed that a few months ago when Craig was staying with us.

Meghan is a great skater!

Emily(front) Carolyn (braid ponytail) and neighbors on the first day of school. The first time ever walking to school!



I'll try some more later...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogs, Podcasts, Etc.: How Technology has Changed the Face of Public Affairs and Politics
Blogs, Podcasts, Etc.: How Technology has Changed the Face of Public Affairs and Politics The political process, like the rest of society, is undergoing constant change thanks to new technology.
Hey, I love your blog it's real great!

I have a american singles site/blog. It pretty much covers american singles and dating related stuff.

You should come and check it out if you get time :-)

-----------------------------------------------------

October 06, 2005 12:02 PM  
Blogger Rita Xavier said...

Great pictures, Carrie. I should try some myself. I've been thinking of it but never get around to it. My camera doesn't do so great with outdoor shots, except in close-up flower pics. I also have a couple of kitty pics I have been thinking of posting.

October 07, 2005 3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see some pictures of the girls Carrie, they sure are growing up.Aunt Dottie

October 15, 2005 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home