Monday, June 20, 2005

Satan

Being in the Deep South, my place of employment starts each day with a "morning devotion". I am not a Southern Baptist, so I, for the most part, sit quietly and let them "do their thing". What irks me most is the terminology that befuddles the spiritual teaching underneath it, but Friday I used the terminology to my own advantage. (Smirk).

E. read the following from the little pamphlet she uses ("The Daily Word?"- don't know):

"Satan's schemes always begin with a lie, a false lead, a subtle twist to the truth, which if acted on will tear us away from God. His proposals rarely seem evil, because our minds are repelled by obvious evil. More often they come disguised as good. Satan adds a trace of grace and beauty to every lure, lest we recognize its deadly nature. It is easy to be taken in..."

I thought to myself, "Hmmm, that sounds just like the current White House Administration..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home