Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Some Stuff

Once again, Grace has passed the first leg of All-State Chorus auditions. She will receive her music in the next few days so she can practice for the second (and last) round in a month or so.

Carolyn has received Star/Citizen of the Month two months in a row and was able to make a pizza at Pizza Hut both times. The "Star" kids from each class went for lunch. Her picture was in the local rag.

Meghan just eked out a B in Gifted Math, which is more difficult than Advanced Math. It was a tough First Quarter for her -- new school, changing classes, etc. I'm sure she'll feel more comfortable and confident in the weeks to come, and grades will go up.

Emily is in Brownie Girl Scouts. She had one troop meeting so far. The troop is new and very small. I hope more girls attend eventually. Emily already said that she wasn't thrilled. I told her to give it a chance.

Poor Bob is reluctantly (HAH!) adapting to his new-found freedom - no kids to watch during the day! First time since forever! Except, of course, when I was a stay-at-home-mom.

Things are changing at the Festival and I may have a few more responsibilities assigned to me. Cool. They like me. Cool. They appreciate me. Way cool.

Bob and I went to Ft. Lauderdale over the weekend, and Craigie babysat. I haven't been there since 1989, when I was drinking. What an experience! South Florida is WAY different from West-Central. There's Mo' MONEY! Yachts and huge cruise ships and mansions and canals, more palm tress and coconut trees and yachts (oh yeah, did I mention yachts?). I did get to purge some deep-seated junk while I was there, survived, and now we're getting ready to go down to Miami early next week for the Rolling Stones concert (!!!).

Craigie is tan. :) He also did well babysitting. He laid down the law and everything. The house was CLEAN when we got home!

Grandpa's coming!!!!!!! All the girls are excited! And Bob, too!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rita Xavier said...

This post is a real upper.

October 13, 2005 9:59 AM  
Blogger Carrie Kelley said...

Are you being sarcastic, Mom?

October 13, 2005 10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home