Wednesday, February 23, 2005

*Sigh* - Okay, okay, Allison!

You twisted my arm!

Let's just say that things have been hectic around here...

I got me a new job, with a pay increase of about 44%, doing what I like to do as far as jobs go. I have to drive to Plant City, which is about 30 miles away, or 30 minutes, cuz on the interstates around here you can travel at about 80 mph without getting pulled over, or run over, for that matter.

I now work for the Florida Strawberry Festival and I have an office and someone who works "under" me (hah!). I think my title will be "Finance Office Manager" when I pass my 90 day probation period.

The Festival runs from March 3 to March 13, so things are getting pretty hectic. The Petting Zoo people came today, and I watched a bunch of beautiful ponies be unloaded from a trailer. This Festival is pretty big, almost like a county fair.

I'll be working straight through, every SINGLE day, sometimes until 6:00 pm, sometimes until 10:30 pm, NO days off from now until March 18!

Gracie will be there on March 3, performing with her school choruses, including "Notes Alive!". Yay! I finally get to see her sing and dance! In her blue dress with sequins that we had altered! One of the songs that particular group sings is "May it Be" from "LOTR-Fellowship of the Ring" (sung by Enya) - I can't wait!

I know I'll be checking out the sights on my lunch and dinner hours, and hopefully I can go on a ride or two.

I found out that some "Stone People" will be setting up shop there, too - mwaaaah!

So, there. That's all I have, for now. No epiphanies of late. Too busy.

Oh! I DID get something GREAT from Bob for Valentine's day! He drove all the way to Sarasota to get it, too, on the sly. A Tibetan Singing Bowl! My very first! He got the biggest one there, too. I sure love the guy!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

I win! Yayhurray!

A bowl? That sings? Please explain.

February 24, 2005 10:54 PM  
Blogger Carrie Kelley said...

Check out these websites - they'll answer your question:

http://www.branwenscauldron.com/singingbowl.html

http://www.bodhisattva.com/sb_about.htm

February 25, 2005 5:32 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

That is very cool, although I have a feeling I would space out and be halfway through making pesto in it before I realized what had gone wrong.

Hmm...fresh pesto or spiritual enlightenment? I can't decide.

February 26, 2005 12:30 PM  
Blogger Phyllis S said...

I grew up in Bradenton/Palmetto and the Strawberry Festival was it as far as I was concerned. Always so much better than the State Fair. So glad to hear that not only is it still going, but has obviously grown by leaps and bounds (My dirty little secret? The 'rasslin' was always my favorite-do they still feature that?).

April 09, 2005 3:12 AM  
Blogger Carrie Kelley said...

Nope, no "rasslin'". No Bluegrass band anymore, either. But LOTS of other stuff!

April 11, 2005 6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home