Saturday, September 25, 2004

Mean Jeanne

Oops! I think I goofed!

Grace was invited to a birthday sleep-over in Apollo Beach in a gated community, in a big house on a canal. After I dropped her off, I was looking at the houses, awestruck, and decided that THIS is one of the places I'd like to move to next. After leaving the community I heard on the radio that we could feel the effects of Jeanne in the wee hours of the morning. Effects being tropical storm force winds and flooding. All of Apollo Beach is in evacuation level "A", which should be the first level to evacuate.

The closer I got to our house, the more foreboding I felt. "Should I have let Grace go?" "What happens if we're ravaged by this storm?" I arrived home and turned one of the local channels and found that the only mandatory evacuations are from mobile homes and RV's. I decided then, that I will go get her if they issue a mandatory evacuation for low-lying areas.

I think I've gotten "Hurricane Apathy". I really don't feel like preparing. I don't feel like sitting on the edge of my seat, or getting all nervous about the impending storm. I think Bob will eventually put the plywood up today, and we will bring in the patio stuff. We've gone through so much anxiety before the last three storms, only to get pretty much nothing, that I DON'T WANNA DO IT AGAIN!!! WAAAAAAHH!

I'll call Grace. I'll warn her that she may have to cut the fun short. She'll be mad at me for a month. A month isn't that long. Better to be safe than sorry!

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Kelley said...

Yeah, and we even got to try out our generator! We hadn't used it for over a year, and it worked fine! Electricity is back on, and we're bakc to "business as usual", except that the schools are closed tomorrow.

BTW, I went and got Grace soon after I posted the yesterday's entry...

September 26, 2004 5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home