Thursday, September 09, 2004

Ivan the Terrible

This doesn't look good. We're thinking of leaving. If we DO leave, we're going to have to start working hard and fast to get things prepared around here. More plywood, some sandbags, plastic bins; we also have to figure out what we'll take with us.

I got the photos back that I had given Grandma over the years. They're going with us. And maybe a few more...

Where would we go? Good question... We could go to Atlanta, or we could take a 2-day trek to Virginia. Yuck.

Let's hope that Ivan fizzles out, or decides to visit Texas instead, as a Category 0.

We've been lucky, even compared to others in our TOWN. After Frances, lots of people were flooded out, 12 to 20 feet, along the Alafia River. Some people in this area still don't have electricity, after almost a week. And that's just from 40 mile-per-hour winds! We've had no flooding and our power was on throughout.

Time for bed...

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Clarke said...

You guys could camp out in our backyard.

September 14, 2004 6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home